Welcome and thank you for using "MOOCS @ UM6P".
The "Université Mohammed 6 Polytechnique" (hereafter "UM6P" or "We") proposes access and use of the MOOC services, to users (hereafter "You" or "User"). Services that are namely provided via the website "https://moocs.um6p.ma" (hereafter "Website") that aims to publish various materials and content, including videos, images and content relating to online courses.
- While You are visiting the Website and using its Services, We may collect some of your personal information set out in the "What Information We Collect" section of this Privacy Notice below, including account registration details such as name and email, details of Content Offerings you undertake, survey information (where you provide it), information about your use of our site and Services.
- We use your personal information for the purposes set out in the "How We Use the Information" section of this Privacy Notice below, including providing our site and Services to you, ensuring the security and performance of our site, conducting research relating to Content Offerings, sharing information with our Content Providers and our suppliers, direct marketing, and performing statistical analysis of the use of our site and Services.
- You have a number of rights that you can exercise in relation to our use of your personal information, as set out in the "Right of access, rectification and opposition" section of this Privacy Notice below.
You can find information about us and how we collect, use and store your personal information in each section as following:
- Purpose of this Policy
- What information this Privacy Notice covers
- What you agree to by using our website
- What information We collect
- How we use the information
- Cookies and Web beacons
- Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
- Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
- Right of access, rectification and opposition
- Policy update
Purpose of this Policy
The purpose of this Policy is to describe how We, collect, use, conserve and share information about you through our online interfaces (e.g., websites and mobile applications) owned and controlled by us. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand what we do. If you do not understand any aspects of our Privacy Notice, please feel free to contact us at "firstname.lastname@example.org". Your use of our Site is also governed by our General Conditions and Terms.
What information this Privacy Notice covers
This Privacy Notice covers information we collect from you through our Website. Some of our Site’s functionality can be used without revealing any Personally Identifiable Information*, though for features or Services related to the Content Offerings, Personally Identifiable Information is required. In addition to data use objectives; the aims for which we collect data. And also a description of your rights in relation to your Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information* (i.e., information that can be used to identify you) (may also be referred to as "personal data" or "personal information"). Personally Identifiable Information can include information such as your name, email address, IP address, and device identifier, among other things. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to our Website. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Website, the information you receive when using the Website, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
What you agree to by using our website
We consider that the legal bases for using your personal information as set out in this Policy are as follows:
- Our use of your personal information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations; or
- Our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others. Our legitimate interests are to:
- Run, grow and develop our business
- Operate our Site and provide our Services
- Select appropriately skilled and qualified suppliers
- Build relationships with partners and academic institutions
- Carry out research and statistical analysis
- Carry out marketing and business development and for internal administrative and auditing purposes
- Send you certain communications or where you submit certain information to us.
What information We collect
When users come to the Website, We might track, collect, and aggregate three types of data:
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) provided directly by you
While the User registers with the Website, within the framework of our Services, He may be requested to provide certain Registration data, such as his personal and professional addresses, invoicing information, login information.
We collect PII that you provide to us you update or change information for your account, purchase products or Services, complete a survey, sign-up for email updates, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, and/or participate in Content Offerings or other Services on our Site.
We may use the PII that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific Content Offering and/or Services you select, send you updates about Content Offerings, and send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
Information relating to your use of our Site
When the User browses and interacts with the Website or when benefiting from our Services, We shall collect:
- Information regarding your actions: Indicating, among other things, your IP address, Operating system and browser software used. The pages or the content you visited, and the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, the viewing duration, the hyperlinks on which You click, using automatic data collection technologies (such as, browser cookies, flash cookies).
- Information and statistics regarding your interactions: like the content response time, loading errors...
- Information regarding Your participation in Content Offerings: If you desire to participate in a Content Offering, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a Content Offering. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address. We may also collect from you certain student-generated content, such as assignments you submit to instructors, peer-graded assignments, and peer grading student feedback. We also collect course data, such as student responses to in-video quizzes, standalone quizzes, exams, and surveys.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) provided via third parties
Identity Verification: We may offer you the ability to verify your identity for select Services. In order to enroll for these Services, you may be required to provide us or our third-party identity verification vendor with Personally Identifiable Information (PII) such as your name, address, date of birth, a headshot taken using a webcam, and a photo identification document.
Social Networks. When You allow a third-party social network (such as YouTube, Facebook, etc.) to share and/or interact with us, We shall receive all data You have shared publicly on the third-party social network and data included on your profile. This may concern basic data relating to your account (your name, your email address, your gender, your date of birth, your city of residence, your profile photograph, your username, your friend list, etc.) and all other information or activities that You have allowed the third-party social network to share. We shall also receive data regarding your profile when You use a social network function integrated in the Website (such as Facebook Connect) or when You interact with us via a social network.
To learn more about the manner in which We receive information about you from third-party social networks or to cease sharing your data on these social networks, We invite you to consult the terms and conditions of these social networks, for which we accept no responsibility.
Third Party Credit Card Processing. We provide you with the ability to pay for Content Offerings and other Services using a credit card through a third-party payment processing service provider. Please note that our service provider collects and processes your credit card information.
How we use the information
The present article describes the reasons for which We collect your data. All forms of data use are not applicable to all Users. It is to be noted that your data must be handled in accordance with the applicable legal framework.
Service provision and Website management
We use your data to provide Services, to interact with You and to respond to your requests regarding the Website or Services:
- Providing the Site and our Services : We use PII which you provide to us in order to allow you to access and use the Site and in order to provide any information, products, or Services that you request from us.
- Technical support and security : We may use PII to provide technical support to you, where required, and to ensure the security of our Services and the Website.
- Updates : We use PII collected when you sign-up for our various email or update services to send you the messages in connection with the Site or Content Offerings. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you, where we are legally entitled to do so
- Participation in Content Offerings : We use the PII that we collect from you when you participate in a Content Offering through the Website for processing purposes, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress, and completion of an Online Course. We may also share your PII and your performance in a given Content Offering with the instructor or instructors who taught it, with teaching assistants or other individuals designated by the instructor or instructors to assist with the creation, modification, or operation of the Content Offering, and with the Content Provider(s) with which they are affiliated. We may also use the information generated when taking a Content Offering or using the Services for predictive analysis of your performance in the Content Offerings. Also, we may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you, where we are legally entitled to do so.
Benefits relating to surveys and statistics
With your consent or provided the law allows us, We shall use your data to send You information regarding our Services in relation to studies and to the Website in general, to request your participation in surveys, namely statistic-based, or to develop a more direct relationship with You. Data related to Service use shall also be used on an aggregated basis in order to better understand the use of the Services and to improve their workings. Or for Research purposes, We may share general course data (including quiz or assignment submissions, grades, and forum discussions), information about your activity on our Site, and demographic data from surveys operated by us with our Content Providers and other business partners so that our Content Providers and other business partners may use the data for research related to online education.
With your consent or provided the law allows us, We shall use you data to analyze your preferences and your User habits, to personalize your experience on our Website, and to optimize our Website and Services for You and your computer. We may also suggest content to You which better corresponds to your interests as a result.
Improving the quality of our website
We use information relating to your use of the Website to build higher quality, more useful Services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Website.
Government Authorities; Legal Rights and Actions
We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with various government authorities in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights or to protect our property; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. We also may share your PII when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our users, customers, or others; and in connection with our General Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
Cookies and Web beacons
Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allow the server to identify the browser on each page in a unique way. Other tracking technologies similar to Cookies are also used. They can include web beacons and tracking URLs. All these technologies are referred to as "Cookies" for the purposes of this policy.
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
We keep your PII for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the PII is collected and processed. The length of time we retain PII for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. We will use industry standard physical, technical, and administrative security measures to keep your PII confidential and secure, and will not share it with third parties, except as otherwise provided in this Policy, or unless such disclosure is necessary in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, as permitted by applicable law. Because the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee the security of PII, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails communications are typically not encrypted and should not be considered secure.
Right of access, rectification and opposition
You have certain rights in relation to your PII. You can access your PII and confirm that it remains correct and up-to-date, choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners, and request that we delete or provide you with a copy of your personal data by logging into the Site and visiting your user account page. You also have the right to oppose the handling of your personal data, subject to a legitimate reason.
Please note that we review our privacy practices from time to time, and that these practices are subject to change. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on our Site. We will notify you of any material change to this Privacy Notice by posting a notice on our Site’s homepage for a reasonable period of time following such update or by sending an email to the email address associated with your user account, and by changing the effective date (located at the top and bottom of this page). Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Privacy Notice.
For any request for information regarding our Policy, you may write to the email@example.com